Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spain Redux IV: Churches

Right, so, between my fascination with Gothic architecture, stained glass, and generally pretty buildings, there were a LOT of churches and cathedrals in my photos. However, I'm going to be kind and do this as a series. And not cheat and do em all at once so I don't have to shoot for 2 weeks either. To start with, here are some churches from the towns and villages I visited. The first is the abandoned church from La Ermita de Trigueros del Valle, where I took the gorgeous one of the grave and the sunspot. I just love how the stone in Castile is honey coloured - it's called piedra dorada, or golden stone. The other two are a church in a town in the northwestern province of Galicia (home to the shrine of Santiago or St. James, also known and the Moor-slayer, and the final destination of those who walk the pilgrimage of El Camino de Santiago, or St. James' Way.)

5 comments:

  1. love the first one, and the perspective of the third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude thsat first church i just adored. i think iof i move there i'm going to go back and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh thanks its my fav one of a non-cathedral. it was taken on film as well =) maybe that's the charm that pixels just don't react to light the way emulsion does!

    ReplyDelete