Thursday, February 4, 2010

Starburst


I took the day off today and spent it working on a sewing (yes, sewing, as in cloth, thread and needles) project. Such a sense of joy and accomplishment. But I did it while literally plugged into my computer, and the computer had a hard drive plugged into it. When it got dark and New Flatmate started pottering around taking pictures, I remembered my assignment. So here is the starburst on my hard drive, symbolic of my day in so many ways.

As usual, I couldn't decide which one I liked best.


The first is just the starburst.

The second is a macro experiment. That 50/1.4 whose children I wish I could have can also be used as a crude macro, by turning it around and shooting through it reverse. Not the best option, but good enough for a broke person to play around with.

The third one has bokeh, which is one of my recent obsessions.

edit: ahem. * embarrassed*. I just realised the third one was upside down. have corrected it.





3 comments:

  1. the thing with the first na is it didn't live up to what i wanted it to be. the third is delicious ya, i just love how the fuzziness increases. the middle one i love just cos i love doing the cheating macro.

    ReplyDelete